Monday, August 26, 2013

Random Post




One of the things that I love about being in the barn, is that I have so much around me. I have totes of all kind of things, fabric in totes stacked to the top! I could go on and on. One number one thing that I just love doing are my dolls. I put so much love and effort into making them. I make them from scratch with my own pattern to my own technique of how to stuff them. There is so much that I have to do to make them there own but I love every moment of it. I go from even spinning their out of Murano wool the I dyed. 
I love how I can create them and make them into what I want. I have what I want set in my mind and then I'am on the go from there on out. Even though my dolls do take a couple days, but if I stay on one I can get them done in no time. People always ask me," do you make male dolls?' Yes I do. I have made many of them. They also ask" Can you make a baby safe doll.' Yes I can do that too. I do go into a lot of detail with my dolls, but if you want to give one to a younger kid, then I don't put small objects or anything that they can swallow. I gave one to my niece a while back, she still has it too and she was 4! She may have a dirty face and a stain here and there, but she was 4! They can be lightly hand washed. just to put it out there. 
I have created so many dolls in my life and i know the pattern has came a long ways. I will not give out my pattern because it is something I made. Or something that I don't want copied. like any artist would want. I wanted to post some pictures of my dolls. Not sure if they might be a double from one of the last post I did. But I think I talked.. well wrote enough for today.. Thinking about doing some tips here soon. If you have any thing that you want to know more about leave me a message!










                            These are the Hand dyed Wool that I spin and make for their hair












No comments:

Post a Comment