Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This ICKY Weather!



  Ohhh what a long winter it has been and sadly its not even over. I'm not a fan of winter and its coldness, its been bad around here. Schools have been shut down to negative weather even stores. I don't think I have ever been around -40 before! Its definitely not Florida weather!! But off with the icky Illinois weather... 

    On the Other hand. Been spending a lot of family and friend time (and all nice and warm next to the fire and of course while spinning) I have been doing a lot of working and playing in the barn. (mostly playing)..I want to try new things for this coming year and boy do I have some interesting things happening in my mind : ) Gotta get ready right? When it comes to Playing and trying new things out is what I like to do! I like to see where I can take myself and what I can do with my art projects..I have been adding some new stuff to my Esty Site too.. (some pictures down below) and I must say it has been so awesome, because I Just hit 12,645 favorites I got so excited and I still m!! 2013 has been really great for me and the shop and I must say thank you thank you! If it wasn't for you guys it wouldn't happen! So on that note lets add some cool pics of whats been going on and some details.. And as always my friends..be safe, have fun, craft on and of course get your rock on....

https://www.etsy.com/people/spilledpaint 

   
                               This is one of my hand dyed wool, spun with all kinds goodies... Man I love spinning, so relaxing and always some good doll hair! Or other things...like I have this lady who buys my yarn and makes                                          them into dreads. I like her kinda thinking..
                       If you don't know this is a Drum Carder. Somethings I get a little bored in the shop                                  and I just looked over and say my carder...and I thought to myself.. It needs something..
                             This is a mermaid doll that I have finished. She was fun to make and of course I                                                love my mermaids. : ) She is posted on Esty if you want to check her out
                   She is a little different.. I wanted to play with some yarn and before I knew it she was born! She                                                         is also on Esty..I believe... : )
                           She is one of my favorites.. She lights up! Like I said, I like seeing where I can take                                                          myself.. She is too cool. I like how she turned out




I wanted to try something a little different and I like the way she turned out. She is posted on esty if you want to know more about her

 I love this yarn!! and of course to white..she is all dyed and colorful now : )

                    I wanted to try stamping with spoons. I liked how they turned out but my thumbs and others                                 who...tired to help..their fingers too.. lol I don't know about these guys
 
This was really fun. Here is Harley My little cousin. She is 15 and as you can tell isn't to tall. She has turners. She is only 4'9. Her clothes shopping is hard to do because most of everything was to tight or way to big. SO I told her come to the barn and we will have so fun. I showed her how to so shape, cut, iron, trim, the whole 9 yards.. She took on like a pro and before I knew it she was doing pair of pants after pants. She is the cutest and she had so much fun and so did I.. I love you Harley!!


Spending some more time with family and friends this is my friends Jills beautiful work! She is a felting queen. She has some beautiful work from scarfs to hats to purses you name it. I love this scarf all the colors and flowers.. you rock Jill and if you are interested and want to know more, its posted on my esty page.. Go check it out!
  These are something new...well not new but newly put on esty... These are some Hand Dyed carder roving's..They have being selling really good on esty!! I was surprised..didnt think really anyone would and            then they are selling like crazy!! all of them are and more are on my Esty If you want to know more..
                                                          This one is "Ocean blues" ^
                                                                "Smurf to da poo" ^
                                                                   "Squirl steew" ^
                                                                      "What a booty"^


                              And I found this on facebook and I have to share it cause its so true!!!
There is a lot more but I didn't want to make this super long. So go and check out the Esty store and keep updated on my facebook group page! Thanks guys for reading! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment